As a former Real Estate Lawyer, Sid understands the importance of protecting his client’s best interests, keeping them fully informed, and advocating strongly on their behalf. After obtaining his Law degree, Sid articled in West Vancouver’s Ambleside Village before working at various law firms in Vancouver’s Financial District and Gastown neighbourhoods, where he developed a successful practice focused on residential real estate and conveyancing matters.
Throughout his time as a “go-to” Real Estate Lawyer that many of British Columbia’s top Realtors and Mortgage Broker’s relied on for advice, and who trusted Sid to ensure their clients were taken care of, Sid handled hundreds of closings of both residential purchases and sales each year. This experience has allowed Sid to bring a unique perspective to his role as a Real Estate Agent, along with professionalism, a high attention to detail, and exceptional communication, dispute resolution, and organizational skills.
Sid’s love of real estate stems from years of working closely with his mother Jacqueline on renovations, staging, and design of both their own homes and numerous investment properties.
Giving back and being involved in his community is something that is very important to Sid, and which both motivates him and allows him to build strong connections with people from all walks of life. While practicing law in Gastown, Sid had the opportunity to serve as a Board Member for the Gastown Business Improvement Society (BIA), where he was involved in making decisions to promote the interests of local businesses within the neighbourhood. One of the most rewarding experiences that Sid has been involved in is his work leading a “Circle of Hope” in support of Rainbow Refugee, which raised over $30,000 to support bringing a refugee, originally from Iran and a member of the LGBTQ+ community, to Vancouver. Sid is also a member of the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation’s Pride Kickoff Committee, which is responsible for throwing a highly successful annual fundraiser in support of the Dr. Peter Centre, as well as a Committee Member for Ballet BC's Momentum Gala.
Sid’s eyes light up whenever he sees a dog, so don’t be surprised if you find him petting and taking selfies with dogs he meets on the streets!
- Medallion Club Member - Top 10% of REALTORS® in Greater Vancouver - 2022
- Top 100 British Columbia Real Estate Agents on Social Media - Property Spark
- Oakwyn Sales Excellence Award 2022
- Oakwyn Sales Achievement Award 2021
- Nominee - Canadian REALTORS® Care Award 2022
University of British Columbia
- Sauder School of Business - Real Estate Trading Services Certificate
- UBC Extended Learning - Portuguese Beginner 1
- UBC Extended Learning - Spanish Beginner 1
University of Manitoba, Juris Doctor (Law Degree)
- Law Society of Manitoba Prize - 4th highest standing in Third Year Law
- Dean's Honour List
- George Thomas Chapman, Q.C. Prize - For highest standing in Municipal and Planning Law
- Robert J.M. Adkins Prize - For highest standing in Municipal and Planning Law
The Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Introduction to Israeli Law and Society: "Ancient Peoples and Newcomers in the Start-up Nation"
University of Winnipeg
- Dean's Honour List - Student of Highest Distinction
- Advanced Early Admission Scholarship
- "Winning at Multiple Offers" - Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- "Know Your Product" - Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- "Harnessing Statistics to Improve Your Residential Real Estate Business" - Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver